Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sport News - Beat Azarenka, Sharapova champion in Stuttgart

Beautiful Russian tennis player, Maria Sharapova, won her first WTA title this year after defeating Victoria Azarenka in Stuttgart Open finals, Sunday, April 29, 2012 pm local time.

Sharapova beat world number one with ease, 6-1 and 6-4. This victory was not free from a wrist injury suffered by Azarenka. Injury to Azarenka could not play the maximum.

"In a tough tournament with a tough opponent, it's a good week. Azarenka injury today, maybe he can not do well. But, I am happy to be a champion here this year," Sharapova said as quoted by Eurosport.

"I will use this tournament as a warm up (before the French Open), so I do not want to be too pushy. Maybe I need to maintain appearances like this," added the former world number one is.

Sharapova end two-game losing streak this year of Azarenka. As for Azarenka, this is only the second defeat for the Belarusian tennis player throughout 2012.

"Obviously I'm not happy, but happy for her. Still, this is a good week for me," said Azarenka is always in the final in every tournament she entered this year. viva

Blog Archive